August 10th we left for Guntersville, Alabama to see our friends - The Drapers. They recently moved from our street/ward in Charlotte. Saturday we spent the day in their new boat on Guntersville Lake. The lake is huge and we had a great time.
Kiersten was not too sure about the tube...she did great and I think she even liked it!
Austin diving off the back of the boat - he doesn't sit still long enough for a picture!
Matt and I were spoiled this trip. Amy offered to watch the kids and I went on a business trip to Chicago with Matt. He had meetings in the city on Tuesday. Our good friends, Cory and Lori White moved to Chicago from Lexington last December. They also got a babysitter and came and stayed downtown in the same hotel. We had such a great time shopping, eating, sightseeing, shopping and eating!! Did I mention we ate well! Chicago has such good food!


After I flew back to Alabama, Amy and I took 7 kids to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. It was a beautiful aquarium and the kids had a blast petting the sting rays, holding butterflies and seeing all the fish!
All the kids!

Timberlee and her orange butterfly.

Kiersten hanging out watching the fish - her feet were tired!
The largest turtle shell on record!
Well that was our send off of summer - Kiersten's birthday party on Saturday and school starts on Monday! More updates then!
Love you all! Marci
Matt and I were spoiled this trip. Amy offered to watch the kids and I went on a business trip to Chicago with Matt. He had meetings in the city on Tuesday. Our good friends, Cory and Lori White moved to Chicago from Lexington last December. They also got a babysitter and came and stayed downtown in the same hotel. We had such a great time shopping, eating, sightseeing, shopping and eating!! Did I mention we ate well! Chicago has such good food!
After I flew back to Alabama, Amy and I took 7 kids to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. It was a beautiful aquarium and the kids had a blast petting the sting rays, holding butterflies and seeing all the fish!
Timberlee and her orange butterfly.
Kiersten hanging out watching the fish - her feet were tired!
Well that was our send off of summer - Kiersten's birthday party on Saturday and school starts on Monday! More updates then!
Love you all! Marci

1 comment:
No wonder we haven't been able to get a hold of each other...you have been going non stop.
Looks fun!
Talk to you soon
Katherine
Post a Comment