Looks like we are hunting hard...Marci and I spent a weekend in December in Chicago looking for homes. Actually, we did not look at so many homes as we scoped out areas and eliminated a few of the surrounding cities. There are so many great neighborhoods and cities, it is going to be hard to choose.
Before we got started, we took time to go to the Bears game on Thursday night. It was freezing! We bought long johns and hand (and bun) warmers, but by the third quarter, we were so cold, we had to leave. I feel pretty wimpy admitting I left the game early, but it was cold. Once the breeze started in off the lake...we were the one of the few people not in snowsuits. The Bears won in overtime. Luckily they are in the NFC, so I can safely ignore them in favor of my Steelers (playoff bound Steelers, btw).
We took the train into the city and then a bus to the stadium. We had a plane/train/automobile type of day. I started the day in Florida where I had been working. I met Marci and Reagan at the airport and we flew to Chicago. That evening we took the train to downtown, caught a bus to the stadium, took a cab from the stadium back to the train terminal and then drove to our hotel - it was a long, fun day.
Cory and Lori kept Reagan, and helped us keep our sanity over the weekend. Cory and Lori were the best realtors we met all weekend, they knew the places to take us and the right houses to show...we'll be owing "commissions" for a long time!
We'll be looking at homes again in January - getting serious and having the family up ASAP. I'm not sure I can stand many more weeks away.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
House Hunting Trip to Chicago
Lovingly created by
The Smith's
at
12/18/2008 08:09:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sounds Fun and COLD!! And you guys always thought Logan was cold. We will have to compare after you move there. I bet you win!
We had a fun weekend, can't wait to get you guys moved up here!
chicago is SO great! what a fun area! warmly, -melanie-
Sounds like you guys had fun, one thing we want to do is go to a pro football game. Maybe we will choose somewhere warm like San Diego. Good luck with the house hunting.
My brother and his wife lived in Shaumberg and loved it! It had a wonderful ward and they loved the area! I don't know if that helps you out in the house hunting thing...but it's a thought! Hope all is going well. Happy New Year and good luck looking for a house! John and Jen
Post a Comment