Monday, May 30, 2011

Awesome Memorial Day at Wrigley Field!!

So our day started with 4 tickets to the Cubs game in the upperdeck that were given to us by a lacrosse dad on Austin's team.  I purchased 2 more in the upper upper deck so the whole family could go to the game.  I ran to the store this morning to buy the whole family cubs shirts.  We got on the train, walked a few blocks, got on the red line and rode to Wrigley field.  That in and of it self was fun!!

At the Wheaton Train Station - ready for the game!

We sit down and just as the game starts a man comes and asks us if we want to trade seats with him. It was Todd Ricketts - a cubs OWNER. He said his were in the sun and his kids wanted to be in the shade - would we want to trade. OK...his tickets were row 2 right behind home plate!!!  We spend the next 8 innings sitting with coaches wives and girlfriends and actually talking with some of the players. Fukudome gave Kiersten a game ball. 

The 2 owners, Todd and Tom Ricketts, both came and talk to us. IT WAS CRAZY!! I told Matt is was all because I went and bought shirts this morning!!   It was SUPER hot but something we will never forget. I spent a fortune on drinks and ice cream but all worth it!! After all, the first 4 tickets were free and then next 2 I bought online for 19.00 each!! 

This guy was on Undercover Boss just last fall. Tracy said she saw us on TV!!  What an adventure!  So fun!!



We went from this...


to THIS!!  Can you believe how close?

Cubs Dug Out


Happy Hot Kids!!















No comments: