Friday, August 26, 2011

Construction of the new MUD ROOM.


We have a first floor bedroom that we no longer use as a bedroom, so decided to turn it into a mudroom.  We started by tearing out the carpet, cutting a new door and laying tile.



This was the first time I framed a door and put in finish work.  It was a good experience and I learned alot about what it takes to complete a project on time and under budget.  I had a full week and took every minute and more to get all the tile down, door in place and finish work in place.



We still have some portion left, lockers to be built, and laundry table to be put in and touch up paint everywhere.  All in all, it turned out pretty well and I enjoyed every minute, except maybe the grouting, which pretty much stunk!

No comments: