Tuesday, July 31, 2007

update for July 2007...

Matt's last post was the 4th of July Weekend that we spent with the Taylor's. We always have a great time with their family. The kids just love to be together. What he didn't tell you in the message is that we were leaving our kids there while I went to Girls Camp and he came back to work. They had an interesting week with her house getting stuck by lightning. Thankfully everyone was ok and a few repairs. The kids are STILL talking about it daily. Here is a picture of the cousins...



Matt drove down on Friday to pick them up and we were back home again...it is fun to be so close yet every time we make the drive it seems to get longer. It takes about 4 1/2 hours.

Matt and I have been working on our backyard all spring and summer. When our family came for Austin's baptism, we had just finished our patio and pergola. I planted after everyone left and they are all coming in nicely. I know Grandma Jody would be impressed with my planting this year - every year we get a little more brave with our gardening ability.



































We are settling in Charlotte very well. We have been here for a year now and have made some great friends. We will always miss those we left behind in Kentucky and friends who have moved away. I think we have almost all states covered at this point with friends! The church brings us together quickly and it makes the world a very small place. We are so blessed.

Take Care - Keep in Touch!

Marci

No comments: