Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting our REAL Christmas Tree

Part of Marci's burden in life is dealing with the "traditions" that I try to start/carry on. One tradition I had as a kid, which I loved, was going to get a live Christmas tree. So, you guessed it, I dragged the family to the tree lot to pick out a tree. I paid the girls for these big smiles. Although, what UK fan is not smiling this year?

I dressed Brandon as a lumberjack to make the trip even more fun.

We just fit in the truck, every seatbelt taken and no room to spare. We have fun going out and about, plus I love driving the truck.


We've had a fake tree for the past few years, and decided this year to have the fake tree downstairs and a real tree in our entry way. We found a tall tree at the local zoo.



It was fun to walk through the lot picking through trees, the weather was cold and lots of Christmas lights. It started to bring the spirit and reminded me of going to the local tree lot in my dad's old GMC. Hopefully my kids will have the same good memories of getting ready for Christmas.

No comments: