Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2011 Chicago Blizzard

The Chicago Blizzard of 2011.  the blizzard of the Century.  The BIG storm.

What ever you want to call it - IT CAME!  I was very skeptical of the weather people as they have been wrong before but as the skies got dark on Tuesday after noon about 2:30 I decided it was for real.  It as really like a hurricane snow.  The wind blew and blew and blew and the snow kept coming.  I thought for sure the power was going to go out but thankfully it did not.

The kids were excited - as it got to be Tuesday evening it was very clear the weather was going to hold so we knew the night before that everyone was staying home on Wednesday.  Snow Day in Chicago - never thought I would see that happen.

This is what we woke up to Wednesday morning...4 ft snow drifts blocking the front door.


Table and chair on the front patio completely covered in snow.

Add caption

snow sticking to everything!




this is what I found when I opened the garage door.


getting ready to tackle the snow!










where do yo start?














A storm we will definitely remember! 
 It was fun being stuck home for a few days and glad that 
the city got things cleaned up as fast as they did.

No comments: