Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last Day of Kindergarten for Brandon

My sweet Brandon has finished Kindergarten and loved every minute of the entire year!  He was the oldest in his class and really just got to enjoy his friends for the 2 1/2 hours that they attended school each day.  He will FINALLY be in all day school as a 7 year old 1st grader and he can't wait!  

Mrs. Gimre is the best kindergarten teacher!  We were so blessed.  She taught me so much as well as teaching and loving the children.  I read books with the kids twice a month and just watching her run her classroom was amazing! 

Brandon told Mrs. Gimre he was 3/4 happy about school getting out and 1/4 sad.  He really misses Mrs. Gimre.  He wanted to start 1st grade the next day!  Brandon has really blossomed with his reading and math and is a joy to have around.  I will miss him next year when he is in school all day.


Brandon and Elizabeth



Kiersten also had her poetry reading on the 8th.  Wow.  Talk about a surprise.  I was expecting a one by one reading of poetry from quiet kids who were anxious to get it over.  WAS I WRONG!!  These kids had memorized, perfected, enjoyed, and acted the cutest poems I have ever seen.  All rehearsed to perfection.  Very impressed!

No comments: