Friday, August 10, 2012

Beaufort Pirate Invasion

There is absolutely only one place where it is ok to dress as, watch or participate in a fake pirate show, and we found it.  This area of North Carolina was a place that Blackbeard and his crew would seek shelter, and ultimately, where he lost one of his ships.  An annual festival celebrates the pirate life, and again, let me emphasize, this is the only time it is acceptable to enjoy adults in pirate costume.

We caught a pirate show, wandered through town, plundered some ice cream and lost our money in a poker room...just good family entertainment.

I'm embarrassed to say I was jealous of this pirate, I mean, look at those pecs.  Clearly implants.
Now, here is the real pirate, middle aged, pot gut and alcohol on his breath at high noon!
The pirate ship was pretty cool and we had a great day in Beaufort.  Our kids are good sports when we drag them around to museums and festivals.
Austin's best look.

No comments: