We are realizing more and more, taking six people to do anything is a big task. Marci spent an entire day organizing a skating outing, actually it took all week by the time she procured skates for all of us!
One of the benefits of living in Chicago, is that we can go outside and skate on the local ponds (if you can call that a benefit). It is alot of fun though and it was great to see the kids helping one another and helping the beginners figure it out. We always enjoy, and marvel, when Austin takes Reagan under his wing and teach her the ropes of whatever activity we are trying.
Kierst and her cute friend Nikki.
Half of the family was experienced, the other half was out for the first time. I was a first timer, yes, in forty years of life, I had never been ice skating. I'd like to say I was ready to skate for the Black Hawks, but all I can say is that I did not fall on my kiester.
Brandon was also a first timer, and he did great - no fear and he just tore across the ice, would fall, pop back up and go at it again.
The warming room! the park district has a great room with a roaring fire and plenty of space to stretch out and get warm. We took plenty of breaks, which made the night enjoyable.
Here we are, minus mom...it was a really fun night and we (actually, probably just me) can't wait until next freeze to get back on the ice. Thanks Marci - great family night.
Friday, January 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment