Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's a GIRL!!

Before we told them...


We had our ultrasound Thursday afternoon - it had been a crazy week. Matt has been home with pink eye all week - yes MATT - not the kids! It was the last day of school before Christmas break and they scheduled my ultrasound for 2:00pm. I arranged for the kids to go to different houses because I wasn't sure I could deal with all the emotions. Kiersten wanted a sister really bad and of course the boys wanted a brother. I decided I could control the emotions better if I knew ahead of time. We had our ultrasound at 2:00pm and by 2:01 she was certain it was a girl. It didn't take her long at all to tell me it was a girl! I told her that I would rather be told she didn't know because if I told my six year old it was a girl - it needed to be a girl.

For those of you who don't know, my little sister was told her 2nd was a girl and she delivered a boy - SURPRISE! I didn't want that to happen to Kiersten!

We bought a present and had the kids open the pink clothes and you can see Kierstens cute face! I was proud of the boys, they are just as excited and now the family is "fair". You know how that goes at this age!





We are excited. The baby measured "big" for 18 weeks and has long legs and long arms. I was not surprised at all! We are so excited. A friend from the ward brought over 2 bags of the cutest baby girl clothes - Kiersten was in HEAVEN!! Now we have to figure out bedrooms and names! Any suggestions would be great! We are struggling with names...

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Marci and family

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Well some names that I have liked lately are...Sara, Janie, Jane, and Emily. They are all kind of classic names, but I like them.
Don't use Ellie, Abby, Addy, Ally, Maddy, etc...oh boy. There are lots! Although, of course, my Ally is the cutest! jk

I am so excited and excited for Kiersten!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!! on your new baby Girl. Wow now you have 2 boy and 2 girl. How great is that?

Heather said...

Woohoo! A girl! I can only imagine the "boys vs. girls" FHE nights in your future! Congrats!