Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Weekend; Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

This will be one long post! Lots going on around here the past few days. After the exciting news we got on Thursday about having a baby sister - we went right into having a fun long weekend with Dad being HOME! Saturday we went to Monkey Joes - a big bounce house that the kids (including Matt) got to play and run and get really tired! They had a great time. Sometimes we forget to just stop and play and since we were staying home this holiday season I wanted to make sure we "played", especially with Dad.



Christmas Eve we were invited to a friends house with 4 other families for a nice Christmas Eve Dinner. The Merrill's did a great job with dinner - it was fantastic - and the best part was I didn't have to do a thing. Therefore, we spent the day baking the good stuff.





Michelle did a gift exchange for all the kids and they had a very nice time. We came home to early presents - Yes, PAJAMAS! The kids were thrilled.

The Merrill's adopted a little girl Chase this summer and of course Kiersten was all over being the babysitter. She just can't wait to be a big sister to a sister. Hope the ultrasound tech was right!!

This pictures shows the new PJ's as well as Christmas morning waiting to come downstairs. We didn't get up until about 6:30am. Not bad, Austin tried getting us up at 3:30 but we sent him back to bed!


Kiersten was thrilled to get Lily the Raccoon (Webkinz) however a little disappointed that the website was down most of the day. I guess lots of people got Webkinz for Christmas. My kids are obsessed!


Austin asked Santa for something different everyday - i think he was trying to confuse Santa this year. He ended up with an IPOD and many games and attachments for Wii. The Guitar Hero had been a hit with Dad and son!

Brandon was a hoot this year. He finally understands and was thrilled with opening presents. I think he wanted to keep going all day! The hit of the presents was the $1.50 flashlights on clearance after Halloween from Grandma Jody and Grandpa Bob. He loved the race track and airplanes he got also but he takes the flashlights everywhere!



Well I have spent two days cleaning out our house - we have too much stuff! I guess it is the nesting or the fact that every closet is packed. We now know it is a girl and will start preparing for her. Still don't know about a name! We are sorting through toys, clothes, blankets, etc and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! We are going to have one major garage sale around here in a few months. My sister Tracy said she gets first dibs! I still have furniture that doesn't really fit this house. I guess that is what happens when you live in 3 houses in one year. We are slowly making the adjustments!

We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and thank you for all of your Christmas Cards. That is my favorite time of the day. I love to get the Christmas cards from the mailbox and sit and read about all of our wonderful friends and family that live from east coast to west coast and Texas to Minnesota! We miss all of you and hope we can keep in touch! If you come to the Carolina's - please give us a call! I will make room, I promise!!

Love you all!
The Smith's

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Looks like so much fun! We had a very relaxing and enjoyable Christmas here. We sort of have Cabin Fever because it is so cold here, but it's been nice to stay home and not travel. Mom and Dad came for Christmas, and Glen's family is all coming here for New Years' Eve. It's Glen's Dad's Birthday so we are having a double party! I will post Christmas Pics soon! Ally's favorite present are the princesses that you guys gave her. She plays with them all day and carries all 8 of them everywhere. Thanks

Jen said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Congrats on finding out it's a girl, that's so exciting!