Thursday, January 24, 2008

A cute baby story!

I have been meaning to write this story for the past few weeks and just haven't gotten around to it but I don't want to forget - it is so cute!

We were sitting at the dinner table a few weeks ago and Kiersten innocently asked me if they had told me the baby's birthday yet. I asked her what she meant and she said did they tell you the baby's birthday yet? It took me a minute and then I realized that in her mind everything comes with a Birthday - webkinz, cabbage patch kids, etc. They tell you what the birthday is when you buy them.

I stopped and explained to her that the baby's birthday will be the day she is BORN - it was like a light went off in her head. She said - you mean I was actually born on August 25, 2001? It was so funny. She went through the entire family - Daddy was born on October 1, 1972 (followed by wow that was a long time ago!), you get the idea!! So cute.

That led to the conversation of the baby's BIRTHday party. She wants to have BIRTHday party the day the new baby is born. Hopefully Grandma and Grandpa will be here and she can have a BIRTHday party for the new baby! (notice no name yet)

It was a cute moment that we want to remember!

2 comments:

Jen said...

It is always so funny to hear how kids view the world. That's a great story!

McDowell Family said...

So cute! I think you should have a BIRTHday party. Sounds fun!