Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My little DUDE...

Brandon is my shopping buddy - he always has to run errands. He is very good about it and actually gets mad when it is time to go home. He brings either his airplanes, tech deck (mini skateboard) or hot wheel cars and the stores are his track. Brandon is all boy and everything he sees is a race track.

Yesterday we were running through Wal-mart and Trader Joes and I kept asking him to keep up. I would say, "Come on baby - let's go!" A few minutes later he replied - I'm a dude. I didn't get it at first and finally at Trader Joe's he said it again. "I'm a dude - not a baby!"

I said, "I'm sorry, do I keep calling you baby? You are a big boy aren't you." I said you are my baby and he replied, "no, your baby is in your tummy...I want a baby in my tummy!" Anyway, he is trying to be so grown up and is still so sweet. We have a good time together and hopefully his world will not be turned upside down with this new little girl coming soon!

Brandon is a snuggle bunny and loves to be in a blanket with me on the couch. He always ask me to come and snuggle. Brandon plays so hard all day that by evening he is exhausted. We have started reading the Book of Mormon with the kids every night for a few minutes. We sit on the couch and Matt normally reads to them. It is almost comical because it takes all of 1 mintues of silence (no TV or horseplay) and just Matt's voice to put him instantly to sleep. It's actually quite amazing. He is not getting anything out of reading the scriptures but it sure makes bedtime quick and easy.

No comments: