Monday, June 23, 2008

The Need to Speed...The Need to Read!


Our public library had an event called the Need for Speed and the Need to Read. They had a stunt car from the show as well as a driver that actually worked on the show. They also had a police car and Sargent, a dirt track race car and driver and a fire truck and firemen.



The good ole' GENERAL LEE!! My kids had no idea why anyone cared about this car but it was fun to get a picture. This stunt car was on its way to the Dukes of Hazard Jamboree - complete with Bo, Luke and Daisy!


These are our good neighbors the Alcorns...they joined us for the outing.


This is a Stalling Sherriff with his squad car "sharky". The kids enjoyed the day and actually learned a little...

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Do you remember when we lived in Wilmington we would watch Dukes of Hazard every week! I think I even had a Dukes of Hazard lunchbox. I was such a dork.