We always have a great time when Matt's parents come to town. They arrived on May 22nd and left on May 31st. The kids really love both sets of their grandparents - we are so lucky!
We took Grandma Jody to Reed's Gold Mine to let her try and hit it big...Bob found a "flake" worth about $1.00!! I guess we won't quit our day jobs!!My children have taken the love of cooking from both of their Grandma's. Jody brought her candy making book, a new cookie recipe, banana bread and pumpkin bread recipes. The homemade caramels are the best and Matt and I are trying to learn the secret. We tried last Christmas and the 1st batch came out perfect and the next 4 were hard as a rock. We had lessons from the best teacher so maybe this Christmas we will have soft caramel.
A trip to Cane Creek fishing was perfect. I stayed home with Grandma - she cleaned - I slept and everyone else went fishing. The best thing ever according to Austin. They even caught a small fish.They are also my professional gardners. I wasn't able to plant this year (i couldn't get to the ground) so they came in and made the yard look awesome! My neighbors are all jealous!
Kiersten had her book presentation at school. She wrote an All About Book on High School Musical. Kiersten loves to write and draw. Her goal is to publish a book - she talks about it almost every day. I am sure she will accomplish her goal!
We took the whole family to her class for their celebration - it was very nice!Our neighborhood pool also opened for the summer and they made a trip over one afternoon. The water is pretty cold but we could all use some sun! Reagan, Grandma and I walked over to deliver some food but we didn't stay...too hot for the baby!
Thanks for a great week and all the help!! We are spoiled!
Monday, June 2, 2008
The week in review with Grandma Jody and Grandpa Bob...
Lovingly created by
The Smith's
at
6/02/2008 03:48:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I need professional gardeners...Send them my way. :)
Looks like you had a good week. Good luck for the next month being on your own. Then we will see you next month!
Post a Comment