Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School - August 25th 2008

Back to School Night
Kiersten's teacher is Mrs. Wright
Austin's teacher is Mrs. Sherman (he wouldn't let me take his pictures!)

This picture is for the Grandma's...Kiersten has been biting her nails for 2 years now and she finally stopped this summer. Grandma Jody told her if she didn't bite them for a month she would order her a Hannah Montana nail kit. I guess she earned it! We painted them for her birthday and the first day of school.

The morning of the first day of school...Yes it is dark outside - we catch the bus at 6:40am. For those who know me well- you know this is NOT a good thing for me - especially since Matt is not here to help me get up! I can easily set the alarm and turn it off and not remember a thing! I am sure we will miss the bus a few times but on this day they were up and ready for the new year!

I told the kids to pick either a new backpack or new shoes for school. Austin chose some new Tony Hawk shoes (Matt can't believe I let him get white shoes)...notice the UK colors.

Kiersten just had to have this new backpack...I must say it is pretty cute.

I was a little bit of an over achiever this day - especially because it was Kiersten's birthday. I made these cute cupcakes out of Family Fun for all the neighbor kids on the first day of school. Kiersten had a great time delivering all the goodies.


Happy 1st day of School and Happy Birthday Kiersten!

2 comments:

KSA said...

And Happy Birthday to you Miss writer of the blog.....I should of called but didn't...I hope a blog shout out is a good substitute....and I hope you had a good day

Jolin said...

Tache wouldn't let me take his picture either - crazy kid.

I love the cupcakes! What a cute idea.