August 12th
A funny (or not so funny) start to our trip to the beach. With Matt working in Chicago, we were on our own to drive to the beach. We were excited to get there and I worked hard to pack, get the car ready and we were off.
I assigned the person sitting next to Reagan to be "baby patrol" and they had to help her if she was crying. This used to be the coveted seat, now it is punishment because Reagan does not like the car very much. Kiersten got the responsibility first and she happily fed her a bottle. We live in the country and the roads to Tracy's are all country roads. Austin gets very car sick and he was saying he was going to throw up...Reagan drank her bottle so fast that she spit the ENTIRE bottle back up in her car seat and Brandon had to go to the bathroom. This was all in the first 30 mintues!
I was almost ready to turn the car around and bag the entire trip but we stopped at a crappy gas station and got everyone feeling better. I cleaned up Reagan the best I could and then we said a prayer to help everyone, including mom. The kids agreed to keep going and do better. Reagan was an ANGEL the rest of the trip and we made it safe and sound.
Matt flew in on Thursday night and back out to Chicago on Monday am. Crazy life that we have right now but we are making the most of it.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
The Road Trip to the Beach...
Lovingly created by
The Smith's
at
8/19/2008 08:32:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment