Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NYC Girls Trip - Day 1

I am still recovering from all my travels but I want to write about our AWESOME trip to NYC. I went with Lori, Lindsey and Niki (whom I didn't know previously, but is wonderful)

We flew in on Wednesday night and we were all delayed coming in to Laguardia airport. Lindsey and Niki were coming from Lexington and Lori and I from Ohare. We arrived at the hotel about 1:00 in the morning. We were determined to go to Live with Regis and Kelly - Danny Goeke was going to be on the show. They were not going to tape on Friday so it was our only chance. From experience I learned you need to get there about 10 mins before 6:00 to be at the front of the line so with about 3 hours of sleep we got to the studio at 5:45am.

We are half asleep but as you can see our plan was a success - Standby #1!! For sure we were getting in right?

You wait around forever and there were a lot of VIP people there that day but I still thought for sure we were getting into the show. About 8:50 (taping starts at 9:00) the lady came out and said the studio was full and no one else was getting into the taping. We were so sad but I told the girls we needed to wait until it actually started taping before we left. About 5 mins later she came out and asked how many were in our group and would we mind sitting on the stairs? We said we don't care we just want in! With a minute to spare we got in to watch the taping.


Danny Goeke was right in front of us when he performed. He is an awesome singer.

The temple is just down the street from the studio so we were excited to go and see the temple while we were in Manhattan. Really nice security guard at the temple.


Canal Street was next on our adventure. No pictures...too busy shopping for bags in little back rooms :). Lindsey eating a fried OREO. We ate so much on our trip and tried so many SWEETS.

Serendipity 3 was next on the agenda...the food is not all that but it was a fun experience.


A walk through Times Square - back to the hotel and finally to BED...we were SO tired at this point but worth every minute!

No comments: