I think most everyone knows I'm not much of a movie buff. I detest Hollywood and most of its product and people. However, that is not the subject of my post. Rather, I thought of this famous movie line (no, I was not wearing a dress nor speaking to a dog), as I was driving, and driving and driving...today. I left home Sunday night about five thirty to take my car up to Chicago. It is a beautiful time of the year to drive through the NC mountains. My poor timing took me through some of the most beautiful parts of the country in the dark!
I drove to London, KY Sunday night and crashed at a hotel. The only good thing about the drive was being able to listen to the Steelers game on AM radio. For those who have not listened to AM radio after dark recently, you are missing out on a nostalgic trip. The commentator would refer to the direction of the game in relation to the radio dial - "the Steelers are marching left to right on your radio dial" along with the static and "owee-ow" sound in the background. If you don't know what I'm talking about, fire up your car after dark and take a drive with the AM on!
Again, not my point. What I'm writing about is the stark contrast I saw from my windshield today. Starting the morning in the hills of Kentucky where the trees are turning and the rolling hills go on forever was stunning. I spent the afternoon rolling through corn fields and medium size mid-western cities. The capping moment was driving along the Chicago skyline, with the White Sox's field on one side, lights on, game going, and the huge buildings on my right.
I certainly thought, "I'm not in Kansas" anymore.
Monday, October 6, 2008
You're not in Kansas anymore...
Lovingly created by
The Smith's
at
10/06/2008 06:52:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hopefully Marci won't be too far behind! It's a long trip, but an incredible city.
What a long trip. Glad you had interesting things to think about as you passed the time.
By the way...you should write a book. :)
Post a Comment