Tuesday, July 29, 2008

If you haven't heard our big news...

We are moving AGAIN!!!

The week I had the baby, Matt was offered a really good job out of state. It was not something that we were looking for, it just fell in our lap. At first I wanted to say no because I JUST HAD A BABY!! and I love where we are, we weren’t really looking to leave. After 2 months of thinking, investigating the job and praying about it we decided to accept the job which is outside of Chicago. It makes me really sad to leave but excited for Matt to have such a great opportunity and a job with much more potential. The company is called ACS, inc. They are based in Lexington, KY and we investigated them back when Matt was finishing school. We know some people who work for them and it is a fast paced, young and growing company where you are rewarded for your efforts. They purchased a company in Schaumburg, IL and they want Matt to go and help grow the new business.

We ended up accepting the job while Matt was with us on vacation so that was a little stressful but we feel like it was a blessing for many reasons.

I am not sure when we will start the process but I will deal with that when I return to NC. I am going to go back and make a trip to the beach to visit my sister and then get the kids back in school. Matt starts this week. He will travel back and forth to Chicago starting the first week of August.

I am sure this is a surprise to many of you and it was to me also. We are excited for our new adventure. If anyone has contacts in the Chicago area, I am actively gathering information about housing and areas. Please let me know.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Well, I have already talked to you about it, but we are excited. We are excited to visit Chicago and go to a Cubs game. We love your home and neighborhood in NC and I am sure you will miss all your friends. Not to mention just the moving process is so hard, but you are a pro at it by now. I hope everything goes smoothly and we are so proud of Matt for being such a hot commodity!

Tracy said...

Wow! you have been busy blogging! Hope your trip home was good. We are excited to see you next week.