Sunday, July 6, 2008

Reagan's Blessing

July 6th 2008

After Reagan was born we decided that we were going to bless her in Utah. We have never blessed our children anywhere but our home ward. Matt's dad has always been wonderful to travel to us for the blessings but this time it worked out best to bless her out here in Utah. After some discussion, we decided on Uncle Chad's ward where he is in the Bishopric.

Matt gave Reagan a wonderful blessing and it was so nice to have so much family and some wonderful friends share the day with us. Reagan is still a bit spoiled - she has been held and loved so much that she doesn't like to be put down. This is Grandma Nancy snuggling with Reagan before we headed to the church.



Our family on Reagan's blessing day.


Matt and his beautiful little girl - he is a great dad and loves all his kids so much!

The dress she is wearing started with the oldest niece, Kelly and has been passed down to all the girls in the Allen family. Reagan looked beautiful and was wonderful the entire day. She is a good baby. It is hard to believe she is 8 weeks old - she is growing and changing so fast!





I'll append a few thoughts - this was Marci's post. I really enjoy blessing our kids, in fact, it may be one of the most favorite things about having kids! I even tease Marci that we may have to keep having kids just to feed my need. But honestly, to hold your own child in your hands and surround her with other men worthy to hold the priesthood and bless them is amazing. Participating with God in raising sweet spirits has no comparison. Reagan looked so beautiful in the hands of my family and dear friend (I peaked during the blessing and of course started to cry), but it was worth it!

Anyway - don't expect more kids just so I can bless them, but if you get a chance, ask someone who has had the experience about it - it's amazing!

1 comment:

Perla said...

Hey Marci! Thanks for coming to find me through the blogging world! It has been such a great outlet for me to journal as well as catch up with family and old friends (as well as new).

You have a BEAUTIFUL family! How do you like living in NC? You look great. I look forward to putting your blog onto my google reader so that I can keep up with you.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad!