Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a great trip...I couldn't ask for anything more!

We got to do SO many fun things and the kids had a fabulous time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, old friends and new friends. I am so thankful to my parents for letting us stay for so long and for my mom driving the truck with no air so I could have the van to gallivant around Utah. I didn't even bring a car seat with me and I need 3! They are so accommodating and so happy to have us here. My mom is Relief Society President and works full time in the operating room so she is a very busy person but makes us all feel special. My dad was a trooper, especially with Reagan. She kept him busy but was great and could always calm her down. He spent lots of time with the kids and we love him very much.

Matt's parents are always wonderful and fun to be with. Thanks for the rodeo, camping, Sunday dinners, sleepover (so I could pack uninterrupted) and especially for Reagan's blessing day luncheon. It was over the top and a wonderful day. Their house is a beautiful and we enjoy spending time with them.

Katherine went out of her way on many occasions to make sure the cousins got to spend lots of quality time together. They will have memories to last a long time and we are grateful for all of it.

My brother Franklin has many things going on in his life, a new baby (that will probably come the day AFTER I leave), a new job, a new house, etc. but he made a special effort to come and see us. Austin adores Franklin and loves to spend time with him. We wish him luck in the next few months.

Matt's siblings all took the time to go camping as a family and we will never forget it. I didn't get to go but the kids are still talking about it weeks later.

We are tired, exhausted, missing our dad (Matt) but we had a wonderful time and will miss our family when we go back to NC. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful July!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

It was so fun having you here! We will miss you all!